top of page
Alderwood - originally planned as an extension of New Toronto in 1920, was first referred to as 'New Toronto Heights' or New Toronto Park' and is predominantly a residential neighbourhood with some industrial along the rail corridors. The area bound by the Etobicoke creek to the west, the Gardiner Expressway to the north, and the CPR and CNR railways to the east and south benefited from post war growth thanks to the industrialization of Brown's Line and increased immigration from eastern Europe, which led to the rapid residential urbanization. Alderwood provides an abundance of transportation options with direct access to highway 427, the Queen Elizabeth Way and the Gardiner Expressway, as well as some of the most beautiful trails along the Etobicoke Creek. In recent years, Alderwood has seen the rejuvenation of Sherway Gardens, Brown's Line, and with its abundance of new housing styles and options are attracting new families to the area, which will ensure its continued growth as a community for years to come.
bottom of page